If you are experiencing the “LG IMS keeps stopping” error on your business phone, it can be frustrating and disruptive to your work. This error can occur when the LG IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) app encounters a problem and crashes. However, there are several steps you can take to fix this issue:
1. Restart your phone: A simple reboot can sometimes fix the problem. Press and hold down the power button on your LG phone until the “Power off” or “Restart” option appears on the screen. Tap the “Restart” option to restart your phone.
2. Clear the LG IMS app cache and data: This can help remove any corrupt files that may be causing the error. Go to “Settings” on your phone, then “Apps & notifications.” Find the LG IMS app and tap on it. Select “Storage & cache” and then tap on “Clear cache” and “Clear data.”
3. Update the LG IMS app: Make sure you have the latest version of the LG IMS app installed on your phone. Open the Google Play Store app on your phone and search for “LG IMS.” If there is an update available, tap “Update.”
4. Disable the LG IMS app: If you don’t use the LG IMS app, you can try to disable it. This will prevent it from running and potentially causing the error. Go to “Settings” on your phone, then “Apps & notifications.” Find the LG IMS app and tap on it. Tap “Disable” and confirm.
5. Contact LG support: If none of the above solutions work, you may need to contact LG support for further assistance. They can provide more advanced troubleshooting and may suggest additional solutions.
By following these steps, you can resolve the “LG IMS keeps stopping” error and get back to focusing on your business tasks.